‘Strictly’: Brucie May Be Replaced By Two Ronnies Star

November 19, 2012 by  
Filed under News

Bruce Forsyth may be stepping down as host on Strictly Come Dancing – and BBC bosses are rumoured to be lining up one of the stars of the Two Ronnies to replace him.

The Two Ronnies star in question should come as no surprise to readers: Ronnie Corbett is the half of the popular duo who isn’t dead.

BBC producers are said to be planning to approach a number of alternative hosts in case 84-year-old Forsyth decides to step down next year.

According to The Mirror, Corbett, 81, and professional dancer Anton du Beke – who has been on the BBC show since the start – are being considered as Forsyth’s successors.

Claudia Winkleman, who used to present Strictly spin-off It Takes Two and now fills in for Forsyth on the Sunday results shows, is also being touted as an option.

“It’s the first time we are hearing there could be movement with Bruce,” a source told the paper.

“In previous years it’s never even been spoken of. But ¬≠producers seem to think that this year is [Forsyth's] last and they need to be prepared.”

Both Winkleman and Corbett have previously filled in for Forsyth, with Winkleman hosting last week’s programme so the entertainer could rest in preparation for Saturday night’s Wembley Arena live show.