TVs Top Ten Tearjerkers
The Last One, where the New Yorkers hand back their apartment keys topped a table of telly’s biggest tearjerkers.
Coming second in the Freeview HD sponsored survey was Blackadder Goes Fourth when the chums go over the top of the trench and face their fate.
EastEnders claimed the biggest share of top ten places for the deaths of Bradley (3rd), Ethel (4th), Jamie Mitchell (9th) and Tiffany (10th).
Death is most likely to make us blub and the demise of much-loved characters dominate the list. The final breaths of Nana in BBC comedy The Royle Family was fifth.
The survey of 3,000 Brits found we are a nation of wet-blankets with 91 per cent of those surveyed admitting they had shed a tear while watching a favourite show.
Top ten most emotional moments in TV entertainment:
1. Friends – Handing back the keys in the final episode
2. Blackadder Goes Forth – Final scene – over the top
3. EastEnders – Bradley’s death
4. EastEnders – Ethel’s death
5. The Royle Family – death of Nana
6. ER – Death of Dr Mark Greene
7. Cold Feet – Rachel’s death
8. Coronation Street – Vera Duckworth’s death
9. EastEnders – Jamie Mitchell’s death
10. EastEnders – Tiffany’s death
Tissues at the ready – here’s that final Friends once again….