The Lowdown: Courteney Cox
The show will follow Cox as she plays Jules, a newly divorced ‘cougar’ who, after some convincing, decides to put herself back on the market. But the dating scene is now is a little different than it was the last time she was single which leads to comedy mishaps and sexual shenanigans.
In honour of our favourite Friend, we’ve decided to turn the spotlight on her and tell you a few things you might not know.
2. Back when Friends was just beginning, she was originally cast as Rachel. Can’t really imagine that, can you? Thankfully the casting decision was changed to see her in the role of neurotic, cleaning obsessed Monica Gellar. Take a look at Monica refusing to admit that she’s ill.
3. She regularly raises awareness of epidomolusis bullosa and the profits from an eyeshadow palette she designed go towards research for a cure.
4. On the day of her fifth wedding anniversary, Courteney went into labour with daughter Coco who was eventually born the day after. It was Courteney’s 40th birthday two days later.
5. She puts her spontaneous nature down to her star sign. “I’m a Gemini, and I get so bored so easily. I mean, I have moved six times in the last eight years.”
6. Courteney met her husband David Arquette on the set of Scream. He said that he turned down the lead role so that he would get to kiss her as her character’s love interest, Dewey. Awww. Both of them will be returning for Scream 4.
7. When she got married she changed her name to Courteney Cox-Arquette but in order to honour her father Richard after he died, she dropped the Arquette.
8. Courteney gave up a college degree in architecture and interior design so that she could focus on modelling and acting full time. So smart, beautiful and talented? Yeah, so what? We were in the same situation once – we gave up successful careers in McDonalds to be full time hand models.
9. As well as being a talented actress, Courteney is also pretty musical and can play the drums and the piano.
10. She has admitted to using Botox but said it made her very unhappy (not that you could tell). Talking to Marie Clare, Courteney said, “It’s not that I haven’t tried Botox – but I hated it. You know you’ve messed up when people who are close to you say, “Whoa, what are you doing?”‘