X Factor & Strictly Battle To Continue

March 22, 2010 by  
Filed under - Home, News

The BBC have confirmed that they will not be walking away from their Saturday night face-off with ITV when Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor restart next autumn.

Strictly was regularly on the losing end of the battle for viewers after bosses moved the dance show from its earlier time to the evening last year, but the BBC claim they won’t be returning the show to its original slot according to The Sun.

A source at the corporation said: “ITV expect us to back off this year but that’s not going to happen. We aren’t just going to roll over and do what they want us to.”

The BBC are expected to recruit some larger name celebrities to dance in the next series – which shouldn’t be difficult.

“It’s no secret that last year’s lineup was a bit low rent,” said the insider.