X Factor: Weight Of Complaint Traffic Crashes ITV Site

November 9, 2009 by
Filed under - Home, News

lucie_jones_1518954cFurious X Factor fans have crashed the show’s official website with a barrage of bitter complaints this afternoon.

Viewers have been inundating blogs to express their outrage at the result which saw Jedward stay in the competition at the expense of Lucie Jones (…you know, that one that could actually sing).

An apologetically compassionate message on the ITV homepage reads:

“Due to last night’s shocking result that saw Lucie voted out of the competition, the website has been swamped with so many comments of indignation that the message boards have temporarily buckled under the sheer weight of your outrage”.

It sounds like even the humble admin bods at ITV agree with everyone else…

Happily our forums are still very much open for business, so is Simon a great big sell-out or a man with an eye for a rough diamond?

While Simon was annoying everyone at home, Louis was doing his level best to offend everyone in the studio with some nifty two-fingered gestures – we were impressed.

Candelaria says:

Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this site. It’s simple,
yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appearance. I must say you’ve done a superb job
with this. In addition, the blog loads super quick for me on Safari.
Excellent Blog!

Sarah Jones says:

Xfactor is definitely fixed in my book after watching the show last night – how could such a talented young black lady like Misha B got voted out – I know that the whole of Manchester would have picked up the phone and vote but after what Gary had said on Saturday she would not make the final because of the bad publicity – he knew well before hand that Misha would be voted out and why because it is a TOTAL FIX. I also think that the show should get rid of Tulisa and let her go back to her group.

chris boyce says:

x factor is the biggest load of sh*t on tv tho the fu**in twins r sh*t and they should of gone in the first week an all the goods singer like jamie an Lucie Jones should stillbe in simon should be shoot 4 letin them stay im not witchin it no more the best 1 went last nite so f**kem

Chris W says:

As usual .. it has become a contest for the judges and not the acts.
It is no longer a ‘Singing Competition’ and is purely a money making machine.
By causing conflict within the public on which acts should stay or leave only serves to increase the number of Votes which = money of course!!
They are making these judges almost to be ‘God like’ with POWER to build or destroy dreams.
You only got to hear the intro music when they come on to see how they are presented this way.
Its all a sham .. the show has lost direction and creditbility with fans.

barbara francis says:

x factor this weekend was appalling. Louis Walsh was rude, arragant and smug. But the awful taste that sunday night left in my mouth was disgusting, Simon Cowell was weak, cruel. it was so obvious what he was doing, that if he had said that Lucie was such a threat to all of his acts that she had to go, and thats the reason Im keeping these muppets in, I think I could have understood his decision. I will never watch this programme again, its an insult to the viewing public

Christine H says:

I was absolutely outraged by Simon Cowells cowardly cop out. He has complained about John and Edward every week but when he had the chance to send them home, he went to deadlock knowing that Lucy would most likely have the lesser of public votes. I am really debating not watching X factor again as I feel disgusted by this silly decision. I also feel cheated as I look forward to watching X Factor ever year and now this pathetic outcome has spoilt it for me. You should be ashamed Simon and your show should be investigated!

Simon Cowell should be ashamed of himself the idea of the show is for the judges to vote for who is the best on the night not who is going to win. Why do we need judges if he is constantly going to the public vote. He is obviously controlled by tv companies to raise money for his empire which I find sad as I have always had a lot of respect for his views and respected them — no more!!!!!!!!!why do the other judges have to vote? at the sing off Simom said he would make a descision on who was the best singer not who would win —- he got it dead wrong

Angela says:

i can’t believe you (ITV) are letting Louis Walsah get away with sticking 2 fingers at the audience its disgusting……..

He needs to make a public apology quick!

Paul Dominic says:

I will never watch The X Factor again. I don’t think I need to explain why…

Laura J says:

Whats the point of having judges to judge the singing if they make decisions like that?! Lucie was a brillaint singer and i was shocked to see her anywhere near the bottom 2 in the first place. X Factor has become an absolute joke in my opinion!

m. roberts says:

Very shocked at the outcome of x factor.Lucie Jones deserved to go through.Simon must not underestimate the perceptiveness of the public.He has lost respect.Fair play and honesty commands respect.