The Lowdown: Things You Never Knew About Amy Adams
Since breaking through with indie hit Junebug in 2005 she’s becoming more and more of a household name. She’s in a shed-load of new films (Night at the Museum 2, Sunshine Cleaning, Doubt) and her sunny disposition never fails to brighten up my life. Ahhh.
Anyway, here are 10 things you might not know about the stunning redhead.
1. Amy was raised in a Mormon family of seven children with four brothers and two sisters.
2. Amy’s a natural redhead joining the ranks of other celebrity gingers like Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Kidman and Isla Fisher.
3. She once worked at Gap. There’s hope for us all yet!
4. She’s a trained dancer and once dreamt of becoming a ballerina. We haven’t seen it in any films so far but she did have a little waltz with Patrick Dempsey at a taping of TRL.
5. Although born to American parents, she first entered this world on a military base in Aviano, Italy.
6. She sang in her high-school choir and got to show off her vocal talents in Enchanted and at the Oscars.
7. She’s been nominated for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar twice. Once for Junebug in 2005 and once for Doubt in 2008
8. She worked at tight-top tacky burger bar Hooters when she was 18 and said “there was definitely an innocence to my interpretation of what Hooters was about. Though I did learn, quickly, that short shorts and beer don’t mix!” She left after three weeks.
9. Although she didn’t go to university, she regrets not having done so: “I wasn’t one of those people who enjoyed being in school. I regret not getting an education, though.”
10. Weep into your pints guys because Amy’s now engaged to her boyfriend of six years Darren Le Gallo, who she met at an acting class.