The Lowdown: Things you didn’t know about Daniel Craig
The man oozes rugged charm and brought a badassery to Bond that hasn’t been seen since Sean Connery graced those swim trunks. He does his own stunts, he made us like a blonde Bond and he carries an air of mystery. We delve deep to find 10 things you didn’t know about Daniel Craig…
1. Craig’s middle name is Wroughton
2. He was born on Remembrance day (11/11) in 1968 in Chester. Home of Hollyoaks. Yep, really.
3. He has known he wanted to be an actor since he was 6 years old.
4. His parents divorced when he was only 4 years old and he went to live with his mother Olivia while his older sister went to live with their father in Liverpool.
5. He failed his 11 plus.
6. He’s a Liverpool supporter. In all other ways he’s a good bloke though.
7. Despite not being particularly academic as a teenager he once snuck into the local girls school to hear Ted Hughes speak. He later played Ted Hughes in the biopic Sylvia with Gwyneth Paltrow
8. He left school at 16 and stayed at home. His mother applied for him to go the the National Youth Theatre Auditions to get him out of the house and he got through.
9. He went to the Guildhall School of Music and Drama at the Barbican for three years between 1988 and 1991 with some other folk who would become well known including Rhys Ifans and Ewan McGregor.
10. His first break was as a corrupt officer in the 1992 film The Power of One, starring Stephan Dorff. Stephan Dorff went on to establish his career as a failed actor and Craig went on to become Bond. Snap!